Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cocktail Meatballs

I bet you have 10 different recipes for meatballs but I bet none of them call for grape jelly. My mom made these for holidays and they are so good. My kiddos love them too. I use ground turkey but you can use beef if you wish. This would be a great snack for your Super Bowl party.

Needed:
2 pounds ground turkey (or ground beef)
1 T garlic powder
1 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper taste
1 jar grape jelly
1 jar chili sauce(this located next to cocktail sauce in the grocery)
1 egg

Mix turkey, garlic, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and 1 egg. Mix well with hands and form into 2 inch balls. I place mine on parchment paper and bake at 325' until done, usually about 15 minutes. Now place jelly and chili sauce in a crock pot and let melt, now add your meatballs to crock pot. Heat on high until bubbling. These are really good with cheese and crackers.

2 comments: