Sunday, March 3, 2013

St. Michael's Alley White Chili



When Sean and I were first dating he took me to St. Michael's Alley on a date.  We had escargot and white chili. I know what a weird combo.  St. Michael's was and is still known  for their white chili.  I was so happy when the Tulsa World published this recipe a while back.  It is just like St. Michael's and I don't have to leave my home on Beaty's Creek.  I know it has been a bit since I have posted a new recipe the reason is I have been have some issues with my left eye and a one eyed blog writer is not the best by far.  heehee   This is  What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today. Like Spring today and Winter tomorrow...Only in Oklahoma!!

Needed:
2 yellow onions-chopped
5 garlic cloves-minced
4 chicken breast-cooked and chopped
1 pound Great Northern Beans
2 cans Rotel
3 cups chicken broth
1 jalapeno-chopped
2 T chili powder
1 t cayenne pepper
1 T cumin
1 Tabasco
1 T Worcestersthire Sauce
2 t oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook your beans in chicken broth just until tender.  Now  add in your onions, garlic, chicken, Rotel, jalapeno, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano, Tabasco, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir and let simmer over a medium low heat for 1 hour.

2 comments:

  1. Stacey, This sounds delish! I am going to make some for dinner tonight. I've tried white chili before and it's always missing something. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I'm growing some Tarbais beans which are a tender white bean. I bet they'll do great in this recipe, which sounds better to me than their intended use in cassoulet. Cheers~and take care, Tom

    ReplyDelete