Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sugar Cookies to die for!!!!


I LOVE iced sugar cookies! I can eat my weight in these cookies and let me tell you, that is a LOT of sugar cookies. :) This recipe's trick is to make sure you leave the dough in the fridge overnight and then roll it out. I make this recipe every holiday for the kiddos, ya right, the kiddos. This will be one of your favorites too. Make some for Halloween and surprise your little ghouls. This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.

Needed:

1 1/2 cups butter-room temperature
2 t vanilla
4 eggs-I use free range
5 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 t salt
2 t baking powder-I use Rumsford




Cream butter, sugars, salt, and eggs until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups of flour and mix well. Add your last 3 cups of flour and your baking powder and mix until all come together. Place in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch and cutout with desired cookie cutters. Bake at 350' for 8 minutes. They will look a little soft when you take them out but will crisp up nicely as they cool. Ice with butter cream, my favorite, or royal icing.

1 comment:

  1. I got your link from April's Blog. Your cookies sound great and I will be trying them real soon...

    ReplyDelete