Thursday, November 1, 2018

Homemade Marshmallows


OMG! Who would have thought making marshmallows at home was so easy. I could be honest and say I never knew you could make marshmallows at home. Okay, so I never knew it! Now that I do, I will never buy them! Hot cocoa will never be the same again! This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.





Needed:
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/4 t salt
1 T vanilla and seeds from one vanilla bean
1 cup powdered sugar for dusting


Butter

In your Kitchen Aid Mixer place 1/2 cup of your water, now add the 3 packets of gelatin. Now in medium sauce pan combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Turn heat to medium high and cook but don't stir until your candy thermometer reaches 240'. Now turn your mixer on low and SLOWLY pour in the syrup. Once it is all poured in turn mixer on high and mix for 10 minutes. It will get very thick at this point add your vanilla and vanilla beans. Pour into a heavy buttered 9x13 pan that has been heavily dusted with powdered sugar. I buttered my hands to help smooth out the marshmallow. Once it is smoothed use a sifter and sift about 1 cup of powdered sugar on top. Let cool completely and then cut into any shape you like.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to butter up! They are very sticky but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound awesome, but I don't have a mixer like that. Might have to try them sometime though.

    ReplyDelete