Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cornbread Salad


When I first heard about this I thought what in the world? How could that be good??? But boy was I wrong! This is one of our favorites. Pretty easy to do and even easier if you have left over cornbread. You can use a sweet cornbread recipe or a plain ole cornbread recipe. Which ever you choose the salad will be great! This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.

Needed:
1 pan of cornbread-cut into bite size pieces
2 cans pinto beans-drained and rinsed
2 tomatoes-diced
2 cups of shredded cheese
4 cups of leaf lettuce-shredded
2 cans of corn-drained
1 bottle of ranch dressing
1 cup salsa

Layer in a large punch bowl, yes that is what I use, in this order,
cornbread
pinto beans
tomatoes
lettuce
corn
and cheese.

I make mine in the morning and then right before serving I toss the salad. I let people add their own dressing.

To make the dressing, take your favorite ranch bottled dressing and your favorite bottled salsa and mix. Easy peasy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment