Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pumpkin Carob Chip Granola Bars


Raven likes a healthy breakfast so I am always trying new things for her. She loves soft granola bars but hates all of the additives that are in the store bought ones. I messed around with this recipe a bit until I arrived at something acceptable for everyone. She loved them and even Ransome ate several so I call it a success. It has been super cold on Beaty's Creek and I have kept my oven going just to feel a little more warmth. It was -27 degrees one week ago with 27 inches of snow on the ground. Today, the snow is gone and it is 70 degrees, can you believe that??? Crazy Oklahoma weather that I love, Oh yeah! Fix these granola bars for your family and don't bother telling them that they are healthy either. This is What's Cookin on Beaty's Creek today.

Needed:

3 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup honey
1 cup carob chips



In a large bowl mix oats, cinnamon, and salt together. Now add in brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, and honey. Mix until soft. Now add in your chips and stir. Press into a well greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350' for 30 minutes. You want to take them out when they are still a little soft. They will firm more as they cool. With a sharp knife cut into bars after 5 minutes of cooling.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... I just made them (maple-pecan flavor with dried cranberries) and they came out SO delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete