Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pie Crust

First things first. I must give you my pie crust recipe before I give you ALL of my pie recipes that I am going to make for Thanksgiving. If Raine cooperates today I will post the following;
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
2 Layer Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Chip Pie
and the Pumpkin Roll

We will see how this goes. I think she knew what I was typing because she flew in here to get on my lap. Til later here is my pie crust recipe.

This is for a double crust. That way you can make two single crusts with this recipe.

Needed;
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t salt
3/4 chilled Butter Flavor Crisco ( I only use Crisco. Off brands have a taste I don't like.)
4-8 T ice cold water (I put ice in my water to get it really cold)

Blend flour and salt very well in a mixing bowl. I use my Kitchen Aid. Makes my life a lot easier. Cut chilled shortening in until crumbly. Add water a Tablespoon at a time until dough can hold together when squeezed. Test by rolling a small ball of dough together and squeezing the ball. If it holds together dough has enough water if it crumbles you need more water.

Roll dough from center out. Bake according to pie instructions.

It is really not hard to make your own pie crust. I like to make extra and put in the freezer for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment